

We just returned from the most glorious week in Kauai. My parents took us to Oahu 12 years ago, and I really liked it then, but I LOVED Kauai. I completely understand why Jeff and Chris live in Hawaii. I found myself thinking, "Is there any way we could make a living here?" I discovered that I loved the remote atmosphere of this island, where we just went exploring and found great hikes and beaches. I have a complete run-down of the week on my blog if you want to check it out (it's really wordy, but there are more pictures). Besides the amazing scenery and hikes, some highlights of the week were snorkeling, helicopter ride, scuba diving, the zip line, and just being together (no kids!). It was so nice to just wear the "wife" hat and leave everything else behind that falls under the "mom" hat (chauffer hat, maid hat, nanny hat, chef hat, bum-wiper hat; I think you get the idea). A HUGE thanks to my parents, mother-in-law, and Lisa for taking on all the responsibilities. It was just heaven!
4 comments:
wow, beautiful pictures. what, did you hire a professional follow you around wherever you went?
erm, "to follow you", that is.
Actually...yes...My good friend Jen (who came with us) is a professional photographer. Isn't that handy?!? She got some great pictures from the helicopter.
Wow! Hawaii is just amazing, that's all there is to it.
Nice pictures!
Post a Comment